2009 was the 150th anniversary of The Vale Methodist Church.
Some milestones of The Vale Methodist Church:
- In 1830 a local preacher, Matthew Guill, missioned Shevington, Shortly after a Methodist Society was formed and met in the "Old Mill House". They later moved to the "Old Chapel", which was the upper floor of a joiners shop.
- 1859: A new chapel was built as a Primitive Methodist Chapel ("Shevington Vale Methodist Church") by the society. This forms the core of the present building.
- 1886: The porch was added.
- approx 1905: A Wesleyan Methodist Church at what is now the Appley Bridge Village Hall was founded.
- pre-1923: The vestry and kitchen extensions where added.
- 1923: The organ was installed and dedicated.
- 1970: The two societies (Wesleyan Methodist and Shevington Vale) merged, using the Primitive Chapel building. The merged church kept the name "Shevington Vale".
- 1971: The sports hall extension was added.
- 1980s: The Church changed its name to "The Vale", to avoid confusion with the new Methodist Church in Shevington.
- 2009: The 150th anniversary.
- 2014: Various upgrades to the building to improve and enhance disabled access. The porch was remodelled internally and opened into the back of the Church. A new side door and platform removes any steps from the pavement to the Chapel. New disabled access toilets in both the porch and the Church Hall downstairs.